Monday, April 5, 2010

Why I Love Chocolate Easter Candy......















After the craze of Easter bunnies, chocolate candy and eggs subsides I hit the store and stock up with chocolates. Oftentimes the week after Easter they clearance candy by 50% and then the week after that is normally 75-90% off.

Yeah!! I stock up on all the solid milk chocolate Easter bunnies no one wanted and chunk them for cookies. Last year I got LOTS of milk chocolate kisses. The kids took the wrappers off, I cut them up and I froze them in 2 cup portions ready for our favorite Chocolate CHUNK Cookies.
















CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES

2-1/2 cups flour
1 cup butter (softened)
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1 large box (or 3/4 cup) instant vanilla pudding
1 teaspoon soda
1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups milk chocolate chunks

Mix flour with soda. Combine butter, sugars, vanilla and pudding mix in large mixer bowl. Beat until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs. Gradually add flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chunks and nuts. Batter will be stiff. Drop on greased cookie sheets. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes. Do NOT overbake.

My note: I take these cookies out just before they are actually done. I leave them on the pan for about 5 minutes before moving them to a cooling racks. Makes for soft and chewy cookies.

Enjoy!

Since these cookies are not good-for-you cookies in any way shape or form they never get made for just us. The kids love when we have company or need a finger food for an event. Gives us an excuse to make a batch of these. :)

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about addicting, the first time I saved $60+ on one trip to the grocery store I was grinning ear to ear:) I felt a bit like a loser too:) I haven't gotten into the drugstore stuff too majorly, I have gotten some really good deals on stuff, especially razors and shampoo but it still confuses me a little. I would love to get free diapers!!:) Do you use huggies? I've been using luvs and really like them, I've never tried huggies but that seems to be whats on sale at CVS alot.

    Thanks for the good wishes, it's starting to get a bit hard cause I miss all my 'old' friends! But we are planning on trying to come up every once in a while to see all of you:)

    ReplyDelete